How to be stronger than your CRAVINGS.
Cravings are strongest during the first few weeks after quitting. Nicabate provides craving relief and doubles your chances of success versus willpower alone.
4 steps to combat cravings.
- Be active. Exercise reduces cravings and also improves your mood. Join others for an activity such as biking, hiking or playing tennis. Or start walking every day and gradually increase how far you go.
- Eat smarter. Snack on fruits, vegetables and whole grains. They’ll give your mouth something else to do and keep you satisfied.
- Don’t substitute food for cigarettes. Instead, chew on a drinking straw or a coffee stirrer. Mint-flavoured toothpicks give your mouth a sensation similar to smoking and leave it feeling fresh.
- Find a distraction. Read a book, listen to music, scan your favourite websites, or text a friend. Usually, the cravings will be gone in 15 minutes.
Nicabate Gum helps you resist your cravings.
When you have the sudden urge to smoke, Nicabate Gum helps you stay strong by relieving your withdrawal symptoms.
The urge to smoke can make you ANXIOUS.
Anxiety can lead to stress and stress can lead to slip-ups.
How to manage anxiety.
When you quit it's normal to feel anxious. In fact, anxiety is recognised as one of the uncomfortable symptoms that can derail a quit attempt. Nicabate is an effective way to help you cope with the anxiety from nicotine withdrawal.
Five ways to reduce anxiety when quitting.
- Focus on yourself. Try to stay in the here and now. Don't worry about what's coming around the corner. Instead, focus on what you need to do to get through the day without a cigarette.
- Start relaxing. There are many ways to help your body manage anxiety. Remind yourself that anxiety will pass with time. A massage or some simple breathing exercises can help reduce the tightness in your muscles and relax your mind.
- Turn to your friends. Reach out to friends or family when you're beginning to feel stressed. This kind of social support can make a big difference.
- Get moving. Exercise boosts the chemicals in the brain that make you feel good. In turn, this helps ease anxiety. Find an activity you enjoy, such as swimming or dancing, and do it regularly.
- Distract yourself with activities. Doing things you enjoy, such as games, physical activities, and hobbies, is the easiest way to alleviate stress.
Wearing the Nicabate Patch helps you cope with anxiety all day. A steady dose of nicotine helps give you the strength to overcome the anxiety that comes with quitting.
How to get past the RESTLESSNESS.
The sudden absence of nicotine can make it tough to concentrate, sit still, or even sleep. Relax, this won't last forever. Nicabate can help you push through the restlessness.
A relaxing home equals a relaxed you.
Explore how successful quitter make their homes smoke-free sanctuaries.
- Keep all technology – TV’s, phones, laptops etc. - out of the bedroom to give your mind a rest.
- Create a small area to meditate or do yoga in when you’re feeling restlessness.
- The scent of lavender can soothe and calm your mind. Unwind with a lavender reed diffuser.
- Hang an inspirational piece of artwork to put you at ease.
- Focus your thoughts with a mantra. Repeat ‘I can do this’ over and over.
- An hour before bed, dim the lights and swap out bright light bulbs for warmer ones.
- Avoid caffeine after 4pm. Instead, relax with a non-caffeinated herbal or green tea.
- Turn down the thermostat to 18 degrees. Staying cool causes the body to produce sleep-inducing hormones.
- Exercise can calm your mind and help you feel contented.
Nicabate Gum relieves restlessness from quitting. When you're nervous or agitated, Nicabate gum helps you relax and overcome withdrawal symptoms.
How to keep your IRRITABILITY in check.
During the first two weeks, you may feel edgy and short-tempered. Using Nicabate can help ease your irritability, so you can be more like yourself.
5 ways to manage irritability.
- Inform others in advance. Let your family, friends and co-workers know that quitting may cause you to become easily angered or moody.
- Avoid conflict. Steer clear of conversations that may lead to an angry outburst. If a situation escalates, walk away and calm yourself.
- Practice mindfulness meditation. Sit quietly with your eyes closed and focus on your thoughts and surroundings. Mindfulness helps you pay attention and respond to your feelings.
- Apologise. If you do snap, resolve things quickly with an apology. Your loved ones will understand and forgive you because they’re happy you’re quitting.
- Exercise every day. A daily dose of physical exercise is good for the body and the mind. It helps release endorphins that will improve your mood.
Nicabate Minis can help ease your irritableness. If you’re feeling irritable as you quit, Nicabate Minis can help combat those negative feelings.
Here's how to cope with your feelings of FRUSTRATION.
Frustration makes it difficult to manage your emotions and stay in control. Nicabate can help you overcome your frustration and keep you true to your quit goal.
4 ways to deal with frustration.
- Don't let smokers sabotage you. Being around smokers can be frustrating. Let friends know you quit and ask them not to smoke around you or offer you a cigarette.
- Breathe away the frustration. Try this simple exercise. Take a few deep breaths - in through your nose and out your mouth. You will feel your body start to relax.
- Write it down. When something is bothering you, spend 15 minutes writing about it. Afterwards, tear up what you wrote and toss it out. As simple as it seems, it helps put things in perspective and sorts out your feelings.
- Remember why you quit. Everyone has a reason for quitting. You could be a new parent or maybe you want to be able to run farther. Reflecting on your reason why can help you get through those frustrating moments.
Nicabate gum can ease your frustration.
Breaking the nicotine addiction can be frustrating, but chewing Nicabate Gum delivers a therapeutic dose of nicotine to make quitting easier.